Create an Account
You must create a personal account to access nonprofit information and use GuideStar's free basic search. To get started:
1. Register your email address by visiting www.guidestar.org and clicking on Create
Then complete the form by adding your first and last name, email address, and
creating a password. *Hint: we strongly suggest using an email address
associated with your organization, if you have one.
2. Select your industry, role, and zip code and check the box to receive bimonthly
and periodic newsletters, promotions and product updates from Candid.
3. You will then have the option to match with your organization. If you do not have
an organization listed on GuideStar and just want to register for our Free Basic
Search, click Skip this step.
If your organization is listed on GuideStar, enter its name or EIN (Employer
Identification Number). You will be prompted to verify your email address (see
step 4) before you can submit a request to claim your Nonprofit Profile.
4. You will receive an auto-generated email requesting you to verify the email
address you registered. Check your junk mail or spam folder if the message
doesn't appear in your in-box.
5. This is what the auto-generated email looks like. Click on the link to verify your
6. Once your email address has been verified, you will be able to update your
Nonprofit Profile, search for nonprofits and explore our products and services.