Founding information and Letter of Determination have moved! You can now update them in the Additional Info & Docs section of the profile.
How to Upload the Letter of Determination
- Under the section Do you have a Letter of Determination?
- Type in the year that is stamped at the top of your Letter of Determination.
- For the name, type in Letter of Determination.
- Click on Browse to upload your Letter.
- Click Add a Letter of Determination.
- Save or Publish your updates.
If you are having trouble uploading your Letter of Determination, it may be larger than the allowed size of 20 MB. To resolve this issue you will need to compress the file. Below is a link to assist you.
There are 2 dates on a Letter of Determination, the stamped date, which is the date the IRS gives the determination (or the ruling), and the “Effective Date of Exemption”, this is the date that the org is exempt from taxes and donations can be made that are tax deductible. See the example below.
If you have concerns about these dates you will need to follow up with the IRS. You may contact the Nonprofit Division of the IRS for more information at: (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number).