To earn a Platinum Seal of Transparency, you must share at least one metric on your Nonprofit Profile. In addition, you have the option of uploading an external evaluation to verify your progress and results.
An external evaluation is done by a professional evaluator or expert--someone who is external to your organization--who has assessed the quality of your organization's programs and overall work. For example, a program assessment completed by a hired evaluator or local university.
Access the Platinum Section
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Platinum on the left-side of the page.
- Select the External Evaluations category from the drop-down list to update that section.
Upload an External Evaluation
- Click the "Add an External Evaluation" button.
- Name your document such as "American Evaluation Association-External Evaluation" and select the year the evaluation was performed.
- Choose the file from your computer. Please limit files to 20MB and PDF format (.pdf). You may upload up to 20 files.