You can now earn a 2019 Seal of Transparency! Earning a 2019 Seal is important and simple. Your funders and many stakeholders want to know that the information you are sharing with them is up to date and accurate. Your 2019 Seal provides that important signal. Luckily, earning a 2019 Seal is as easy as logging in to your Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar and making sure all required fields are complete.
Read on to learn what information you’ll need to earn your 2019 GuideStar Seal of Transparency.
I Don't Have A Seal Yet
Once you have access to edit your profile, complete the required fields marked with a red asterisk (*) for each section. You can get ready by printing out this best practices guide. Remember that the Seals build on each other - you can earn a Platinum Seal only if you also first complete the requirements for Bronze, Silver, and Gold Seals.
I Already Have A Seal
If you already have a Seal, you’re almost there for 2019! Check to make sure you have completed the required information marked with a red asterisk (*) for each section. The progress bar at the top of your form let's you know if something is missing and you can also print out our best practices guide. Keep in mind that to earn your 2019 Seal you will want to review and make updates to fields in Bronze, Silver and Gold, even if you are at Platinum. Check out the information below to learn more about the requirements in each section.
- Update your primary contact info, mission and programs, donation and brand info, and more.
- Review the Bronze help guide.
- Upload your latest available audited financial statement or provide basic financial from within the past two years (2017 or 2018).
- Be sure to tell us your fiscal year beginning and end dates - they are required.
- Review the Silver help guide.
- Review your answers for the five Charting Impact questions and fill out the optional Problem Over view section.
- Review the Gold help guide.
- Share at least one 2018 metric
- (New!) For each metric, assign a Metric Type and Direction of Success.
- (New!) As an option, you can upload an External Evaluation document to support the metrics you share on your Nonprofit Profile.
- Review the Platinum help guide.