Claim Your Nonprofit Profile
Let's Match You With Your Organization
Search your organization by name or EIN (12-3456789).
- Your Profile status will be reviewed by the GuideStar Support team in 2-3 business days.
Request Not Approved
If you are not approved, don't worry, your updates will not be lost. We require additional information to verify your identity and affiliation with your organization. We want to keep your profile secure and ensure that only an organization's representative can change it.
Please email (do not call) us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach one of the following documents and information:
- IRS EIN Issuance Letter: A confirmation letter that was sent to your organization after being assigned an Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the IRS.
2. IRS Issued Letter of Affirmation: A letter your organization request from the IRS
to confirm an organization's tax-exempt status or to reflect a change in its name
or address. Click here for more information.
No other documents, including a Letter of Determination (A letter issued by the IRS when an organization is granted tax exempt status), will meet this requirement. You may need to request these documents from someone at your organization or the IRS per the information below.
Please also include the following information in the main body of your email:
- Organization EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Your first and last name
- Your email address used to request permissions with
We will review your request as quickly as possible and in the order it is received.
What if I don't have either of these documents?
- If you do not have a Letter of Affirmation: Please contact the Nonprofit Division of the IRS for more information at: (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number). The IRS call center is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- If you do not have an EIN Issuance Letter: Please contact the Business and Specialty Tax Line and EIN Assignment Department of the IRS for more information at: (800) 829-4933 (toll-free number). The IRS call center is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Local Time. If your organization is under a group exemption, please use this contact number as well.