Access A Nonprofit Profile
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Bronze on the left-side of the page.
- Choose Programs & Maps.
- Click on Add a Program.
- Make sure to fill out all required fields such as Name, Description, Geographic Area and Population Served for each program. The limit of Programs you can add is 10.
- If you currently have Program(s) listed on your organization's profile and are updating the information, make sure to verify that the Population Served is still appearing when you edit the information. The drop down menu for this field has changed and some choices are no longer available or appearing.
- When selecting a geographic area served for your Program, type the city/county and the state (ex. San Diego, CA)
- Once you have completed updating the required fields, scroll down below the map and click on Save.
- Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
- Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.
Troubleshoot Programs and Maps
Pop-up tells you you're missing information in programs and maps section?
If all of the fields are completed and you are still getting a pop up message that you are missing something under Programs, you may be experiencing a caching issue. Try doing a hard refresh after you make your changes. If you are using Chrome, you would click Shift and F5, if you are using IE or Firefox, you would click Control (Ctrl) and F5. This may remove some of your information, typically the Population served and Geographical areas served, that is causing the caching issue. Just re-enter the information again and you should then be able to complete the Bronze Level.