A benefit for nonprofits with a Bronze Seal of Transparency or higher, adding a Donate Button to your profile makes it easy for donors to give to your organization while they’re on your Nonprofit Profile.
Access A Nonprofit Profile
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
How To Add A Donate Button
- Click the Confirm & Publish section, located beneath your organization’s name.
- Check off the three boxes at the top of the web page.
- Locate the Donate Button section and toggle “On” the option.
- Click Publish Now to finalize your changes.
- Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
Not sure how to earn a Bronze Seal of Transparency? Read our step-by-step guide.
How does my Organization Receive Donations?
GuideStar does not manage the online donation process, we are partnered with Network for Good. You can contact Network for Good directly for donation information at email@example.com or by phone at 888-284-7978.
Receive Donations Faster
Network for Good allows you sign up for direct deposit. Click here to learn how
Is there a processing fee for the Donate Button? Yes, we have partnered with Network for Good to provide the Donate Button. Network for Good retains 4.75% of each donation to cover processing costs. This is lower than our previous donation processor, who retained 5.99%.
GuideStar waives any additional fees and does not take a percentage per donation.
How can I view Donations made to my Organization?
Network for Good offers a DonateNow Lite account as a free service to nonprofits that receive funds through us. Through the DonateNow Lite account, nonprofits can see their donation history and any available donation details, as well as apply for EFT applications to receive funds via direct deposit instead of checks. You can register with Network for Good by entering your charity’s nine-digit Tax ID (EIN) number on the I Need to Register side of the following page: https://www.networkforgood.org/npo/MyAccount/Login.aspx