Donors need to know about your organization’s goals, strategy and leadership. We recognize your organization for sharing this information with a Gold Seal of Transparency.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) - NEW
Ask your organization’s leader to share their demographic information publicly.
- Leadership Demographics Information - How does your leader publicly self-identify?
- Race and Ethnicity
- Gender Identity
- Sexual Orientation
- Disability Status
- Ask your leader directly – don’t guess
- Don't know how to ask? Use the DEI Survey Guide
- Tell them it will be public information via GuideStar
- “Decline to state” is a valid option
Donors need to know about your organization’s goals and how you plan to achieve them. You can find this information in your annual report, latest grant application or a strategic plan.
- Problem Overview - What is your organization aiming to accomplish?
- Goals - What are your organization's goals?
- Strategies - What are your strategies for making this happen?
- Capabilities - What are your organization's capabilities for doing this?
- Indicators - How will your organization know if you are making progress?
- Progress - What have you accomplished so far and what's next?
Don’t forget to publish. Once you’re done – navigate to the Publish section and publish. Your profile will reflect your new information within 15-30 minutes.
To draft– save. Click the Save button at the bottom of the Gold section. You’ll learn if you missed any required fields and you’ll save. Your profile will not update until you publish.
Your info on partner sites. Your information will be sent to partners:
- Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours.
- For AmazonSmile updates are sent monthly (22nd of each month) and processed by AmazonSmile within 1-2 weeks.
Access A Nonprofit Profile
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose Update and select a section in Gold.
- Answer the questions and publish!