The Silver Seal of Transparency focuses on financial data. To earn the Silver Seal, you must also complete the Bronze Seal requirements.
Access The Silver Section
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose Silver from the navigation on the left-side of the page.
- Select a category from the drop-down list to update that section.
- Fill out each data field with a red asterisk next to it to complete the Silver section.
Two Ways You Can Earn A Silver Seal
Option #1: Upload an audited financial statement. The audited financial statement must be from within the past two years.
- Please do not upload a Form 990 in this section. Navigate to the Additional Docs section to do so,
Don't have an audited financial statement? Not to worry! You have another option.
Option #2: Manually fill in the following fields: Fiscal Year, Revenue Expenses, Expenses, and Assets & Liabilities. Financial information must be from within the past two years.
- Not sure where to find this information? Grab your most recent Form 990 and look at the first two pages--everything should be there!
- Asterisks(*) indicate required fields.
- Financial Documents* - Upload your latest audited financial statement.
- Fiscal Year* - What is the date range for the fiscal year covered in this section?
- Revenue* - What is your organization's revenue?
- Expenses* - What are your organization's expenses?
- Assets & Liabilities* - What are your organization's assets and liabilities?
- Funding Sources (Optional) - What are the three main sources of funding that support your organization, and what is the amount received from each source?
- Once you have completed the Silver section, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Once you have completed your updates, publish your changes so they will appear on your Nonprofit Profile. Updates will appear within 24 hours after publishing.
- Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. With the exception of AmazonSmile, most updates appear on our partner sites within 24 to 72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.