The Silver Seal of Transparency focuses on your program and brand data. To earn the Silver Seal, you must also complete the Bronze Seal requirements.
Required Silver Fields
- Program Information: Share at least one of your program’s name, description, and geographic location
- Brand: Share your tagline, logo, and social media usernames. If you don’t have any of the above, “Don’t have” is an option too!
Looking for the guide on the financial section? Check out the Gold Seal of Transparency guide.
Make sure to fill out all required fields such as the Program Name, Description, and Geographic Area served for each program. You can add up to 10 programs.
- Our Population Served selections have changed! We've since moved to the Philanthropy Classification system for more extensive choices. Click here for a full list of choices and definitions.
- When selecting a geographic area served for your Program, type the city/county and the state (ex. San Diego, CA)
Share your tagline, logo, and social media usernames!
Image File Requirements
· Size < 1MB
· Resolution 256px by 256px or larger
Our partners such as Google, Amazon, and PayPal prefer:
· .svg vector file format (which can be resized)
· .png and .jpeg file types are also accepted (but may not look as good)
For Social Media sites, share profile names only. No URLs. For Blog, please share full link, excluding https/:. See examples of GuideStar's social media handles below:
Photos and Videos (optional)
You can also add photos and videos in the silver section to highlight your work. Check out this guide for more information.
Watch this video on earning a Silver Seal of Transparency.
- Once you have completed your updates, make sure to hit publish so they appear on your Nonprofit Profile. Updates will appear within 24 hours after publishing.
- Note that your information may take longer to reach our partners.
- Earn a Gold Seal of Transparency.
- Share a GuideStar participation logo on your website, on social media, and on printed materials.