Access a Nonprofit Profile
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on Edit.
- Choose Bronze on the left-side of the page.
- Choose Mission.
- Mission Statements have a 800 character limit.
New! Add your subject area and target population
Now you can help your organization be found more easily through tagging your subject area and target population. Check here for the full list and definition of each area.
- In the tool, you can either search for an area or select it from a dropdown. You may select up to 5 subject areas and target populations.
- Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Once you have completed your updates, make sure to publish the changes so that they will appear on your organization's GuideStar profile page. Updates will appear on your Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
- Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.