- Sign in to guidestar.org
Conduct a keyword search or people search
- Choose a nonprofit from search results to view a Nonprofit Profile
- Click the drop-down arrow next to "GuideStar Charity Check." You will see the list shown below.
- Click the "View Charity Check Summary Report" or "View Full Charity Check Report (PDF)" link.
View a sample report.
- Find the GuideStar Charity Check section immediately above the "Operations" box near the top of the profile.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to "GuideStar Charity Check."
- Click the "Add to Watch List" link.
- When adding an excel list of organizations to your Watch List, please make sure the first column includes EIN's (Employer Identification Number) with the dash (xx-xxxxxxx). The limit of organizations you can add to your Watch List is 22,000.
- Scroll to the bottom of the "Manage Watched Organizations" page
- Follow the instructions under Your Watched Organizations.
- Sign in to guidestar.org.
- Click on your name in the right corner of the home page.
- Choose My Account.
- Select Manage Alerts under Charity Check
- You will see a list events that will trigger email notification of key status changes in organizations on your watch list. Select the alerts you are interested in, then click the Request These Alerts button.