Access A Nonprofit Profile
If the IRS has revoked your organization's nonprofit status, that will be reflected on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile. Follow the steps below to inform GuideStar Support of your nonprofit's updated status.
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Bronze from the navigation on the left-side of the page.
Upload A Reinstatement Letter
- Choose Founding Info.
- Type in the year that is stamped at the top of your Letter of Determination.
- Click on Browse to upload your Letter of Determination.
- Click "Add a Letter of Determination".
- Save and then Publish.
- Notify GuideStar Support.
GuideStar support will review your document and update your organization's status.
Get In-Touch with The IRS
We recommend you contact the IRS to find out what you need to do to get your organization back on the IRS Business Master File. You may contact the Nonprofit Division of the IRS for more information at:
The IRS call center is open 8:00am to 5:00pm Eastern Time. Once your organization reappears on the IRS Business Master File we will receive the update from the IRS, or you can send us your updated Letter of Determination and we would be happy to manually list your organization.
Update a Nonprofit Profile.