Requirements To List A Nonprofit (Less Than $5000) on GuideStar
- Must have its own Employer Identification Number (EIN), independent from that of a parent or national office
- Must have filed a Form 990-N with the IRS, and
- cannot have filed or is not planning to file a Form 1023*, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, with the IRS. *The request must include this written statement “No representative of this organization (insert Organization name and EIN) has filed or will file Form 1023”.
Send GuideStar These Documents
- A copy of a federal IRS document with the EIN and organization’s name pre-printed on the document (Form 941, payroll tax receipts, W-9, and EIN Issuance Letter are all acceptable documentation);
- Signed copy of a certificate of incorporation, filed with the state and stamped by that authority, or a complete, signed copy of its articles of incorporation.
- Copy of a business license if required by the state in which the organization is located, that includes the organization's EIN
- Complete, signed copy of its bylaws if required by the state in which the organization is located.
- Copy of IRS Receipt confirming Form 990-N filing.
You may email the requested information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received all of the information we will be happy to create a listing on GuideStar. GuideStar imports its new nonprofit organizations each Monday morning. Please visit www.guidestar.org after 12:00 EST next Monday to view your organization's listing.