The Silver Seal of Transparency focuses on financial data. To earn the Silver Seal, you must also complete the Bronze Seal requirements.
Access The Silver Section
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Silver on the left-side of the page.
- Select a category from the drop down list to update that section.
- Fill out data fields with a red star next to them to complete the Silver section.
Two Ways To Earn A Silver Seal
- Upload an audited financial statement.
- Manually fill in Fiscal Year, Revenue Expenses, Expenses, and Assets & Liabilities.
- Financial Documents - Upload your latest audited financial statement.
- Fiscal Year - What is the date range for the fiscal year covered in this section?
- Revenue - What is your organization's revenue?
- Expenses - What are your organization's expenses?
- Assets & Liabilities - What are your organization's assets and liabilities?
- Funding Sources - What are the three main sources of funding that support your organization, and what is the amount received from each source?
Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.