The Silver Seal of Transparency focuses on financial data. To earn the Silver Seal, you must also complete the Bronze Seal requirements.
Access The Silver Section
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click "Get Started Now".
- Choose Edit Form under Manage.
- Choose Silver on the left-side of the page.
- Select a category from the drop down list to update that section.
- Fill out data fields with a red star next to them to complete the Silver section.
Two Ways To Earn A Silver Seal
- Upload an audited financial statement.
- Manually fill in Fiscal Year, Revenue Expenses, Expenses, and Assets & Liabilities.
- Financial Documents - Upload your latest audited financial statement.
- Fiscal Year - What is the date range for the fiscal year covered in this section?
- Revenue - What is your organization's revenue?
- Expenses - What are your organization's expenses?
- Assets & Liabilities - What are your organization's assets and liabilities?
- Funding Sources - What are the three main sources of funding that support your organization, and what is the amount received from each source?
Updates will appear on GuideStar 5-10 minutes after publishing.
Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with partner sites like Facebook, AmazonSmile, and Network for Good. GuideStar sends updated information on Nonprofit Profiles to our partners each month. If you recently made updates to your Profile, it may take up to a month to appear on partner sites.