How to change the name of your organization
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Bronze on the left-side of the page.
- Choose Names & Contacts.
- Change the name of your organization in the field titled "Organization Name".
*Please note, you are unable to change the Name Registered with the IRS, GuideStar receives updates from the IRS on a monthly basis. Once the IRS updates the name of your organization on the IRS Business Master File, we will receive that update and your organization's legal name registered with IRS will then show.
- Once you have updated your organization's name, make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. Once you have completed your updates, make sure to publish the changes so that they will appear on your organization's GuideStar profile page. Updates will appear on your Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
- Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.
Update a Nonprofit Profile.