Access A Nonprofit Profile
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on the "Actions" button then click on Edit.
- Choose Bronze on the left-side of the page.
- Choose Programs & Maps
- Make sure to fill out all required fields such as Name, Description, Geographic Area and Population Served for each program.
- If you currently have Program(s) listed on your organization's profile and are updating the information, make sure to verify that the Population Served is still appearing when you edit the information. The drop down menu for this field has changed and some choices are no longer available or appearing.
- When selecting a geographic area served for your Program, type the city/county and the state (ex. San Diego, CA)
- Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
Updates made to your Nonprofit Profile do not automatically sync with our partner sites. Most updates appear on our partner sites within 24-72 hours. Updates are only sent to AmazonSmile on a monthly basis, typically around the 22nd of each month. Once AmazonSmile receives the updates, it can take them one to two weeks to update the information on their site.
Troubleshoot Programs and Maps
Page requires another program and you don't have more to list?
You do not need to keep adding programs. The extra program section will always appear as an option-not a requirement. Only one program is required and up to 10 can be added.
Pop-up tells you you're missing information in programs and maps section?
Make sure each program listed has each of these fields completed:
- Population(s) served (If you have not added anything to this field in a recent update, you may need to complete this field again.)
- Geographic areas served (Be sure to click on a location in the drop-down menu. Do not click on auto-fill option provided by your browser. Do not include a street address. Please only include: city, state or country.)