*Please review the Important Notes before emailing your request.
- All organization’s must have their own individual Employer Identification Number (EIN) to be added onsite separately from any associated parent or national office. GuideStar cannot create a listing for your entity if it does not have its own EIN.
- Do not send a request using the EIN of your associated office. Please have an authorized individual of the entity send the initial request. GuideStar will not accept documents certified by the employee of a subordinate office.
Please email the following information to email@example.com to receive the current listing requirements:
- Your name and title with the organization
- Government Organization Name
- Government Organization EIN
- Government Organization Address
- Government Organization Website if available. (If not available please indicate that your organization does not have a website.)
- Please indicate whether or not your Government Organization has filed or plans to file an IRS Form 1023, 1024, or 8976 (Application for Recognition of Tax-Exempt Status)
Upon receipt of your email, we will follow up with further guidance about the requirements and required documents to be listed on GuideStar.
You must be a registered GuideStar user to request having your organization listed on GuideStar. Please see our help article to Create a GuideStar Account before sending your request.
You may email all requested information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, we will review the documents and follow up as quickly as possible. You will be notified of your application's status after review. We may request further documentation.
If approved, GuideStar imports new nonprofit organizations each Monday morning. If you receive an approval notification, please visit www.guidestar.org after 12:00 EST the following Monday to view your organization's listing.