If it's been two years since you last published changes to your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile, the information on your profile will expire and you will lose your Seal of Transparency. Unfortunately, this means you will no longer be able to display the Seal on your website and marketing materials after it expires.
How can you tell when you last published changes?
After signing into your GuideStar account, click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the web page, then click on Edit. The first page you'll see is your Summary page, at the very bottom you will see the last date you made changes.
How to prevent your profile from expiring
The most common reason for profile expiration is outdated profile managers. Make sure you always have access by adding new managers. We also recommend adding a general email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) as a manager for your profile, so you can always log in through at least one account.
How to earn back your Seal of Transparency
If your profile has expired, not to worry! It only takes a few minutes to save your Seal. All you need to do is update your organization's information and publish your changes to demonstrate your continued commitment to transparency.
- Sign in to guidestar.org or register.
- Click Update Nonprofit Profile at the top of the home page.
- Click on Edit.
- On the Summary page, click on Update.
- This page shows what seal level your organization currently has and what fields are missing. To get to each section, just click on the field name. Click here to see a full list of fields required to earn a 2020 Seal of Transparency. Note: Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk(*) on each seal level page.
- Save each section by scrolling to the bottom of each web page and clicking Save only.
- When you have completed all required fields and saved your changes, click on the Publish tab. (Can't find it? Click here for help).
- Check off the three boxes at the top of the web page under Program Terms.
- Click Publish Now to finalize your changes.
Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing. This includes your Seal of Transparency!