If you have updated your organization's profile and the Publish Now button is not working, most likely we have not yet approved your request to manage your organization's GuideStar Nonprofit profile page.
It typically takes two to three business days for us to process the GuideStar profile manager requests, which are reviewed in the order we receive them.
You will not be able to publish the updates until we have approved your request to manage the organization’s GuideStar Profile. Once we have reviewed your request you will receive an email letting you know we have or have not approved you to manage your organization’s profile.
What happens next?
If you are approved, please sign out of GuideStar and sign back in to reset your permissions. You will now be able to publish your updates. Updates will appear on your GuideStar Nonprofit Profile within 24 hours after publishing.
If you are not approved, don't worry, your updates will not be lost. We require additional information to verify your identity and affiliation with your organization. We want to keep your profile secure and ensure that only an organization's representative can change it.
Please email (do not call) us at email@example.com and attach one of the following documents and information:
- IRS EIN Issuance Letter: A confirmation letter that was sent to your organization after being assigned an Employer Identification Number (EIN) with the IRS.
2. IRS Issued Letter of Affirmation: A letter your organization request from the IRS
to confirm an organization's tax-exempt status or to reflect a change in its name
or address. Click here for more information.
No other documents, including a Letter of Determination (A letter issued by the IRS when an organization is granted tax exempt status), will meet this requirement. You may need to request these documents from someone at your organization or the IRS per the information below.
Please also include the following information in the main body of your email:
- Organization EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Your first and last name
- Your email address used to request permissions with
We will review your request as quickly as possible and in the order it is received.
What if I don't have either of these documents?
- If you do not have a Letter of Affirmation: Please contact the Nonprofit Division of the IRS for more information at: (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number). The IRS call center is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- If you do not have an EIN Issuance Letter: Please contact the Business and Specialty Tax Line and EIN Assignment Department of the IRS for more information at: (800) 829-4933 (toll-free number). The IRS call center is open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Local Time. If your organization is under a group exemption, please use this contact number as well.