Requirements To Appear on AmazonSmile
Here are the requirements your organization must meet to be listed on AmazonSmile. Your nonprofit organization:
- is qualified under Section 501(c)(3)
- is a public charitable organization and not a private foundation
- is not supporting organizations, unless identified specifically as a Type I, Type II, or functionally integrated Type III supporting organization
- is headquartered in the United States (the 50 States and the District of Columbia)
My Organization Does Not Appear on AmazonSmile
- Does your organization meet the requirements?
- Is your organization listed on GuideStar?
- Have you opted-in to receive third-party donations?
Once your organization appears on GuideStar, then you will automatically be opted in for third party donations from AmazonSmile.
We send updated information on nonprofits to AmazonSmile at the end of the month, usually around the 22nd. If you are a new organization, recently opted-in to receive donations from our partners or made updates to your GuideStar profile, you can expect your organization to appear on AmazonSmile the first week of the month.
How To Receive Donations
Learn more at Amazon.
Nonprofit Profile Information on AmazonSmile
Searching for Nonprofits on AmazonSmile by their DBA
If an organization has a DBA listed on their GuideStar profile and it is not in the title/name of your organization, the DBA will not appear on Amazonsmile's website.
However, if an organization is registered at org.amazon.com and they search for their DBA, the organization will appear but show as the registered name or the name that appears on your organization's GuideStar profile page. The same will happen when supporters search for the DBA name of your organization.